Aging facilities are common to all universities. Facility departments are continually busy maintaining and upgrading almost every element of their built assets. Academic programs and departments are constantly changing. Universities require responsive and thoughtful design professional partners to keep up with and be ahead of change.
STR serves on an on-call basis with many of our university clients to enable their facilities to function and adapt in response to the competitive nature of higher education. Universities compete with one another to attract quality students and faculty to enhance their bottom line and reputation.
As Governors State University’s design professional partner, STR has participated in a variety of projects ranging from technology driven academic lecture labs to infrastructure repairs. Recent work includes cladding of the existing buildings to refresh the University’s image and to restore and protect deteriorating concrete.
Reports & Studies
- Concrete Repair Scope and Recommendations,
- for facility-wide structural and architectural concrete
- Grants Office Location Analysis
- Emergency Fire Suppression System Damage Analysis
Educational & Administrative Facility Design
- New department design and implementation:
- Center for Law Enforcement Technology
- Classroom renovations and Technology upgrades
- Grants Office - addition and conversion of existing residence
- Campus-wide Concrete Repair and Building Cladding –
- Phased facility wide structural repairs and image enhancing aesthetic cladding
- Emergency Repairs
- Elevator renovations throughout facility
- Campus Entry Sign with state-of-the-art Electronic Message Center Design